Skilled Information Technology Technicians are in high demand in today’s highly skilled environment. Virtually all organizations with multiple computers require the skills of Information Technology Technicians who may, in turn, become invaluable members of a management team.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a
good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
- Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so
at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to address the problems they may encounter when supporting personal computers in an office environment. It provides in-depth knowledge of both computer hardware and software and prepares students to take the CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+ and Security + certification exams. Students will gain practical, hands-on experience in troubleshooting computer problems, computer assembly and repair, and
Students will learn cloud servicing solutions for Windows Active Directory management which covers post-install configuration, device management, remote connectivity, and data recovery solutions.
Tuition fees include student manuals and all other course materials. Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Students must achieve a 75% average to obtain a diploma.
Method of Delivery
- Integrated Learning™ System training facilitated by Academy of Learning College facilitators.
- Online training supported by Academy of Learning College facilitators or online instructors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing technical support to end users within small to medium sized offices
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- Replacing and installing new computer hardware
- Keeping up-to-date on new trends in personal computing
- Supporting all aspects of computer software applications and operating systems
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Technical aptitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good customer skills
- Able to work independently
Competencies upon Completion Core Courses
Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems
Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Database Management
Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills
Microsoft Outlook Level 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals andPersonal Computer Fundamentals
- Business Skills
Customer Service Essentials and Management Fundamentals
- PC Troubleshooting
CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-1001 and CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-1002
- Computer Networking
CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Server +, and CompTIA Security +, WIN10: ADM
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing, Strategies for Success and Occupational Health and Safety
- Optional 4 week work term
C$31,135 – C$60,587 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include all materials and student manuals. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly.