At AOLCC, we’ve helped thousands of students gain the knowledge and experience they need to make positive changes in their working lives through micro-credentials. All courses are self-directed and supported by qualified learning coaches. As Canada’s largest career college network, our micro-credentials are widely recognized as a signal of quality training by employers. If you’re looking to start the next chapter in your career, these short, yet thorough courses ensure you have the industry skills, knowledge, and tools to succeed.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials are short courses which can lead to skills and certification in a multitude of industries. A powerful learning route, a micro-credential can be taken as a one-off course for onboarding a specific skill or process, or it can be stacked with other micro-credentials in the same field to complete a full-length vocational certificate or diploma program. Whether you’re looking to learn a few specific skills or to retrain in a whole new career, micro-credentials offer a flexible, yet highly impactful study experience for every kind of learner.
What are the benefits of micro-credentials?
- Learn skills for promotion. For upskillers, a micro-credential doesn’t just freshen up your knowledge and skill set, it demonstrates your commitment to your field and your passion for staying ahead of changes in the industry. Rather than hiring someone new for that more senior position, your employer will know you’ve got the right skills to excel in the role.
- Stand out from the crowd. For job seekers or career changers, a micro-credential is a sure-fire way to get noticed. Course certifications look impressive on a resume, and you can demonstrate portfolio projects in application letters and interviews. Thanks to a combination of practical experience and theory, a micro-credential from AOLCC gives you the full package every recruiter is looking for.
- Fit study around your life. Unlike a degree or other longer term modes of study, a micro-credential is compact and flexible. Many courses can be completed over a few days or a weekend, and thanks to their stackable nature, you can keep building on your progress. For those with work, family, or other responsibilities, a micro-credential is the perfect way to learn new skills without the need to commit to a longer or more full-time program.
Why should I choose a micro-credential with AOLCC?
- We care about your progress. At AOLCC, your course and career progress are important to us. That’s why we promise to meet your unique learning needs and improve your productivity and marketability while enabling you to build the skills, experience, and knowledge you need to excel in your chosen career. We’ll do this via a high-quality, multi-sensory learning experience provided by motivated, professional, and highly knowledgeable staff.
- Support every step of the way. While studying for a micro-credential, you’ll receive intensive, hands-on training in a professional atmosphere. Irrespective of the course you choose, you’ll receive dedicated, one-on-one support from trained facilitators to ensure the successful completion of the course and the very best start to your journey into a new career.
- Our unique Integrated Learning System. We’ve developed a unique Integrated Learning System to ensure the best results for our students. Consisting of clear learning objectives and authentic exercises and tasks that mirror a real-world experience, our courses and approach to learning maximize interaction through the use of media, workbooks, and practical exercises to engage every corner of your brain and set you up to succeed.
Why study with us?
Every year, Academy of Learning Career College helps thousands of students achieve their career goals. Our hands-on training and one-on-one support helps build confidence and skills that graduates need to break into today’s job market.Read More
Canada's Largest Career College Network
With 50+ campuses across Canada, we are the largest career college in all of Canada.
One-on-one support is always available. Our trained Learning Coaches are on site at all times and provide academic support, motivation, and guidance.
Our qualified admission representatives can help you explore a range of funding options.
Start Right Away
We offer 30+ short, effective training programs. You can start right away and enter the workforce sooner.
Contact us for more information
And we'll get back to you within 48 hours.