A British Columbia Secondary School Diploma or equivalent with prior education in English at grade 10 level or higher.
Mature students who pass an entrance evaluation demonstrating sufficient ability (i.e., English comprehension and math skills) to undertake the program.
All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency through one of the above requirements or through an English language assessment (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent).
Co-op Work Experience
In addition to the coursework, students are required to successfully complete 520 hours of co-op work experience to obtain a diploma. Co-op placements may be located throughout British Columbia.
Graduates of the program may pursue a variety of positions, ranging from Inbound / Outbound Marketing and Order Desk Support to Reservations and Sales, Retail Sales Associate, and Call Centre Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Requires an understanding of software applications
- Excellent communication skills
- General office / telephone skills
Personal Attributes Required
To be successful in a Business Administration career, individuals must possess the ability to:
- Good customer / client skills
- Well organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude to learn new software applications
- Team worker
This program offers individuals the opportunity to acquire the skills required by companies that specialize in customer service and sales. The program develops general business and professional skills in students, as well as skills specific to sales, customer service, and support roles.This program provides students with:
- A foundation in basic principles of a business, retail, or call center environment, including current computer applications, marketing, and sales.
- Professional skills in high demand from employers, including teamwork, communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in key Microsoft Office applications.
Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems
Basic level of proficiency with Windows OS
- Word Processing
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills
Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Internet Fundamentals
- Help Desk & Call Centre Skills
Business Verbal Skills, Telephone Communication Skills, Call Centre Telephone Sales, and Team Dynamics and Personal Development
- Business & Sales Skills
Career Options and Opportunities, Business Essentials, Customer Service, Marketing and Sales, and Business in the Digital Age
C$24,506 – C$47,948 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include student manuals and all other course material. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Graduation requirements: Students must achieve a 75% average to obtain a diploma.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly