Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Business Management Certificate is designed to prepare students for management and supervisory level positions in today’s fast-paced business environment. Its objective is to help students who are seeking to reenter the business sector, or who are currently working and wish to upgrade their business and supervisory skills in order to further their career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business supervisory skills, business correspondence, project management, customer service, and marketing. This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing and sales, and customer service.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to their current work environment.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.
Students are prepared for their career with a range of business knowledge and skills, resulting in a competent and skilled team leader. Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of supervisory and management trainee positions in a broad range of employment settings, specializing in those areas of interest, experience, and greatest ability. Careers in accounting and finance, marketing, production and operations, human resources, and general administration are available to those graduates who possess the proper combination of business skills, experience, personal ability, and aptitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Business Skills
Business Essentials, Marketing and Sales, Customer Service, Management Fundamentals, Business Supervisory Skills, Human Resources Management, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business in the Digital Age, Project Management Fundamentals Level 1, Project Levels 1 and 2, and Business Presentations
- Office Skills
Basic Bookkeeping Level 1
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Employment Success Strategies and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career