Welcome to AOLCC Thunder Bay
Various Funding Options are available to those who qualify:
- CIBC Education Line of Credit - pay interest only on the amounts you actually use while you are in school, and for 12 months after graduation
- Crelogix - financing options to reach your educational and career goals
- Second Career - for individuals who have been laid off and require retraining to reach their educational and career goals
- Targeted Initiative for Older Workers (TIOW) - for individuals over 55 who have been laid off and require retraining to reach their educational and career goals
- Canada Ontario Job Grant - for employers to train current and prospective employees
We are now enrolling for our Personal Support Worker Certificate Program which has starts all year-long. All other programs are continuous enrolment. Don't Wait - Start Working Towards Your New Career Today!Payment Plans are also available! Visit us today at our brand new location! 975 Alloy Drive, Suite 103 Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8 (Inside the Service Canada Building, side entrance)
Features and Benefits
STUDENT FOCUSED TRAINING
We’ve shifted the focus from teaching and put it where it belongs, on learning. Recognizing that every person is an individual, the Integrated Learning™ System is effective enough and flexible enough to fit your particular learning needs.
Each lesson contains a clearly defined objective and tests the understanding of the content. If you do not fully understand the lesson, you can repeat it before moving on to the next one.
YOU DON’T NEED COMPUTER OR SPECIAL SKILLS
Whatever skills you have when you enroll, we can start you at the level that is right for you. Academy of Learning Career College will provide you with the learning tools that you need.
You can start right away and begin learning immediately.
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE
The exclusive Integrated Learning™ System allows you to learn at your own pace within your flexible committed guidelines. There’s no need to keep pace with other students.
LEARN THE BETTER WAY
Research shows that "Learning by Doing" is the most effective way to retain what we learn. By hearing something we remember 30%, by seeing it we remember 40%, but by doing it we remember 70%.
One-on-one facilitation instruction and monitoring support is provided by trained Learning Coaches who are available on site at all times.
Never miss a class or fall behind. If you need to miss a lesson you can take the same lesson at another time.
SAFE, Comfortable Learning Environment
There's no intimidating classroom atmosphere or student competition! We ensure a comfortable and friendly learning-environment for all our students.