We’re sorry, but registration for this program is now closed. This program has been replaced by our Immigration Administrative Assistant diploma.
We also offer other exciting areas for career development such as Business Administration, Software and Web Developer, Paralegal, Network Administration, and more! Click here to browse all our programs or call us at 1-855-978-3988.
- Successful completion of at least two (2) years of post-secondary education or equivalent; or
- A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience or equivalent; and
- Satisfactory language test score (passing grade of English or French test set by the education provider).
The Immigration Consultant Diploma program is designed to prepare students for a wide range of opportunities within the immigration consultancy field. During the duration of the program, students learn both the theoretical and practical aspects of the profession required to advise and represent potential immigrants before Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the Immigration and Refugee Board, and the Canadian Border Services Agency. Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) are able to work and practice across Canada as well as in other countries. Graduates of the Immigration Consultant Diploma program may also find employment within immigration practices of law firms, immigration consulting firms and government agencies. To this effect, the program curriculum provides students with the various aspects of immigration law and rules of professional conduct. The program also aims to educate students in the skills necessary to apply this knowledge to represent clients and operate a successful immigration consultancy practice. The accredited Immigration Consultant Diploma program prepares students to write the Full Skills Examination administered by Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) to obtain their Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) designation.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available At...
Immigration consultants provide legal services in the area of immigration law as permitted by legislation. Their duties may include the following:
- Represent people applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for entry to Canada
- Represent clients before the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
- Provide legal advice and prepare applications
- Represent individuals in proceedings
- Negotiate on behalf of clients
Read about things you should know about being an immigration consultant.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Core Business and Office Courses
- Business Correspondence Level 1
- Business Verbal Communication
- Core Immigration Consultant Courses
- Canadian Immigration Law and Policy
- Business and Skilled Worker Classes
- Family Unification
- Temporary Entry/Labour Market Impact Assessment
- Administrative Law
- Tribunal Practice and Procedure
- Refugee Protection
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Practice Management/Operating Your Own Practice
- Client Care for Immigration Consultants
Practicum exposes the student to a working environment where classroom instruction is put into practice. This allows the student to link classroom knowledge and training with real life practical activities.
C$30,239 – C$67,566 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include all materials and student manuals. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly.