Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
Project Management is a function of business that is growing in relevance, recognition and scope. The Project Administration program is positioned as an entry-level opportunity to this profession and will allow our students a competitive advantage in this untapped market segment. Our program is designed to prepare students for the industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation, in addition to software, business and employability skills necessary to be successful as members of a project management team. The certification coupled with other skills acquired from the diploma will give students opportunities for career growth and advancement. This program provides students with:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the coordination and/or administration of projects for a variety of business sectors.
- The knowledge competencies towards preparation of industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: negotiating, decision making, teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of project administration and management practices and principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program are employed in healthcare and social assistance, public administration, wholesale trade, finance and insurance, retail, and other services. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program are:
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Services Coordinator
- Business Services Officer
- Implementation Officer
- Office Coordinator
- Planning Officer
- Public Trustee
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Word Processing
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, and Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2
Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Business Skills
Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Level 1 and Level 2, Business Essentials, Business Math, Project Management Fundamentals Level 1 and Level 2, Microsoft Project Level 1 and Level 2, Business Financial Management, Business Verbal Communication, Business Negotiations & Contracts, Business Supervisory Skills, and Business Presentations
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing, Thought patterns for a Successful Career, and Employment Success Strategies
C$37,972 – C$65,257 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include all materials and student manuals. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly