Clinical Placement, also referred to as Worksite Experience, Clinical Externship, or Practicum Placement, is a critical training component for students in any healthcare services program. This is the period of time when students are placed in a real workplace environment and given a chance to apply some of the skills learned during the program.
Course manual is provided for on-going reference. There is a final exam upon completion of the course. Participants who receive 75% or higher on their exam will receive a certificate.
- Relationship-building opportunities between the student and Preceptor
- Inside knowledge of local and regional labour market conditions
- Networking opportunities with other departments and outside healthcare facilities
- Relevant experience and references within the healthcare industry
- Direct experience with interviewing and/or hiring policies within a healthcare facility or medical office
- Potential employment