Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to address the problems they may encounter when servicing personal computers. It provides in-depth knowledge of computer hardware. Students will have practical, hands-on experience in troubleshooting computer problems and assembling a computer. This program prepares students to take the CompTIA A+, Network+, and Server+ certification exams.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program will find opportunities working as bench technicians for small- to medium-sized PC or electronics companies, as well as large PC-related manufacturing operations. They may also find positions in computer sales and service. After some experience, they may wish to open their own computer repair service.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic Level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Business Skills Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship, Project Management Fundamentals Level 1, Customer Service, and Grammar Essentials for Business Writing
- Office Skills Internet Fundamentals, Personal Computer Fundamentals for Technical Users, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ 220-901 and CompTIA A+ 220-902
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network + and CompTIA Server +
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing