DENTAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
This program provides students with the base knowledge, skills, and work experience to become employable in any medical setting, with special skills suited to working in a dental practice.
Skill development is delivered in three areas:
- Comprehensive medical administrative knowledge which includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, hospital and medical office administration, and clinical procedures. Specialty Dental Administrative Assistant training prepares the student with the additional training necessary to work in a dental setting
- Full-range of computer and office skills, including current software applications, keyboarding skills, general office management, accounting, personal and professional development, and customer service
- On-site work experience through participation in a one month clinical placement at an approved healthcare/dental facility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong commitment to confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Successful completion of admissions interview and testing for adequate entry-level skills
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, and meet the minimum provincial age requirement
- Two letters of reference regarding personal character
- A recent, clear Criminal Records Check
- Good command of the English language (written and oral)
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."