Medical Office Assistant - Manitoba
With the aging population, the tremendous advancements in technology, and our demand for the best quality of life, the healthcare industry is facing a growing shortage of well trained personnel. Throughout the North American healthcare industry, there is an acute need to increase the size of the workforce, and raise the skill level of that workforce.
This program is designed to provide employment-ready and comprehensively trained graduates. Successful graduates will achieve the Certified Medical Assisting Professional (CMAP) designation in addition to their diploma. These graduates are fully qualified to work in a hands-on administrative and clinical support capacity in the medical industry. They will participate in a variety of lectures which cover topics of the healthcare industry,.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- 19 years of age or older (varies, depending on province specific ministry requirements)
- Adequate level of physical health to be able to fulfill job requirements
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent (or CAST testing)
- Completion of Wonderlic admission test with minimum score of 18
- Good command of the English language – both written and verbal
- N-95 Mask Fit Testing which may be mandatory based on provincial requirements
- Other medical tests (TB Test) or proof of vaccinations may be required
- Completion of standard registration form