- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction.
- An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
- Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Medical Office Clerk Certificate program is designed to provide students with knowledge of healthcare procedures, business concepts and office skills in order to meet the demands of today’s healthcare business. Upon graduation, students will be well-equipped to work in wide variety of healthcare settings.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.
Medical Secretaries work in administrative and support roles in healthcare establishments. Upward mobility in medical administrative roles is possible with experience, motivation, dedication, and a positive attitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
Minimum 55 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing
Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Grammar/Writing Skills for Health Professionals, Math for Health Professionals, Introduction to Medical Terminology, Medical Office Procedures, and Medical Receptionist Practical Simulation, and Medical transcription Level 1 and Level 2
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search & On the Job Training