Throughout the program, students gain hands-on experience with a range of software development projects that build in complexity as students add programming skills and languages to their toolkit.
- Design the appearance and layout of websites
- Develop cross-browser and cross-platform websites
- Create and optimize content for websites using graphics, databases, animations, and other software
- Translate wire frames and storyboards into functional, responsive websites
- Work with MySQL databases and SQL scripting
- Use the .NET Framework to create robust web applications
Tuition fees include all course materials. Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Graduation requirements: Students must maintain a 75% program average to obtain a diploma.
Method of Delivery
Integrated Learning™System training facilitated by qualified learning coaches.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Competencies upon Completion
Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems
Intermediate level of proficiency with Windows OS
- Software Development Industry
Computer and Technology Basics for Developers, Overview of Software Development
- Software and Web Development Skills
- Database Skills
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Access, Database and SQL
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Word Processing and Spreadsheets
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Office Skills
Personal Computer Fundamentals, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Internet Fundamentals
- Business Skills
Customer Service, Project Management