Graduates of the program may pursue a position in an immigration practice or related agency.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
- An admissions interview will be administered to determine whether the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to undertake the program.
- Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Immigration Administrative Assistant diploma program is designed to prepare students for a wide range of opportunities within the immigration consultancy field. Throughout the duration of the program, students learn both the theoretical and practical aspects of the sector.
Students will learn to assist licensed lawyers or immigration consultants in a variety of practice areas, such as permanent residency applications for family sponsorship, business and worker classes, provincial nominees, as well as temporary visa applications for visitors, foreign workers, and foreign students. Students will also learn how to assist with Canadian citizenship applications.
Student will learn about office procedures with a focus on case/file management, time and financial management, and client communication and record-keeping in compliance with professional standards.
Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Office Skills
Personal Computer Fundamentals and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Word Processing and Spreadsheets
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Business Skills
Grammar Essentials for Business Writing and Business Correspondence
- Employability Skills
Thought Patterns for a Successful Career and Job Search and Resume Writing
- Immigration and Legal Skills
Canadian Immigration Law and Policy, Business and Skilled Worker Classes, Family Unification, Temporary Entry/Labour Market Impact Assessment, Legal Research, Refugee Protection, Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and Legal Office Procedures
C$30,239 – C$67,566 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include all materials and student manuals. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly.