Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Students must attend the required hours and times per week per the course schedule.
The Database Administration and Big Data Predictive Analytics diploma program will prepare and enable students to manage, maintain big data — large, complex, and unstructured data — and better realize and unlock its value. As the Internet, mobile technology, and user habits and demands continue to evolve, resulting in the mass accumulation of data, more businesses are increasingly accepting and using this data in all forms and sizes as part of their critical decision-making processes. As such, students will learn tools and techniques to organize, analyze, capture, curate, search, share, store, transfer, visualize, query, and update big data, to meet this and other growing demands for the effective use of big data.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong technical background in computing and data work
- Excellent analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Good knowledge of database architectures
- Collaborative team player with a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Ability to effectively manage time and stress
Method of Delivery
- Integrated Learning System™ training facilitated by Academy of Learning Career College facilitators
- Instructor-led classroom learning
Program fees include student manuals and all other course materials. Financial assistance may be available to those who qualify. Graduation requirements: In order to obtain a diploma, students must obtain an overall average of 75% or better, with no final course mark below 60%Available at...
Careers in database administration and big data predictive analytics are increasingly growing. They include, but are not limited to:
- Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Information Resource Analyst
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- SAP HANA Consultant/Analyst
- Business Intelligence Consultant/Analyst
- BO/ETL Consultant/Analyst
These and similar career paths can be realized through the employment with businesses and organizations in a variety of industries, not limited to just the IT industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this area, duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Day-to-day support of Oracle and SQL databases
- Implementation and modeling with in-memory databases such as SAP HANA or Hadoop
- Build, configure, and administer production and development databases
- Provide technical assistance to development and production application teams
- Provide on-call support for critical applications
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain new projects and solutions
- Investigate and troubleshoot critical technical problems
- Ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, and storage of project information
- Design, develop, and maintain large and complex universes of data per reporting and dashboard requirements in BOBJ 4x
- Build complex reports using web intelligence
- Develop and maintain OLAP Universes based on SAP NetWeaver BI Infocubes/BEx Queries, and Relational Universes based on Oracle/SQL Server
- Extensively utilize BI Web Services, BICS connections, and Query Design features to implement comprehensive dashboard solutions using Dashboards 4x
- Use SAP BI 4x product suite (BI Launch Pad, Information Design Tool, BICS connection, Multi source connection, SBO Analysis, Dashboards, Design Studio, etc.) in designing complex reporting for management
- Performance-tune running reports and universes
- Build queries using SAP BEx Query Designer
- Build complex analysis and container components for SAP Design Studio
- Deploying on mobile devices (ex: iPhone, iPad, etc.)
Competencies upon Completion
- Identify, gather, and implement requirements
- Configuration of HANA in full implementation cycle from blue printing to realization and go-live
- Develop and document SAP functional, business requirements specifications
- Develop and document interface requirements
- Develop functional, business, and system interface or capability interaction
- Gather and analyze information to establish the technical needs of a system or project
- Design methods and procedures for computer systems, and sub-systems of larger systems
- Develop and maintain functional standards for the functional framework Document and develop forms, manuals, programs, data files, and procedures
- Provide advice, analysis, configuration, implementation, integration, problem resolution, and unit testing for SAP HANA and Hadoop
- Configure and maintain HANA or Business Suite HANA
- Create Attribute, Analytic and Calculation views and use them in various reports.
- Develop complex business reporting and analytics models using SAP BW, BO, HANA and Hadoop
- Understanding of relevant SAP infrastructure modeling and analytics tools
- SAP HANA modeling and reporting experience at the SPS12 level or beyond
- In depth knowledge of HANA memory management and data modeling – especially as it relates to maintaining a high level of responsiveness for end users
- Business Objects experience at the 4.x level and with all BOBJ premises-based, server-side items
- Experience implementing, managing and maintaining code promotion processes and environments including development, QA, staging, pre-production and production for both HANA and BOBJ
- Administering HANA and BOBJ tools
- Work with SAP on Linux
- Proficiency in SAP Lumira, Fiori, and Predictive Analytics
(Information from PayScale Canada)
Contact us for more information
And we'll get back to you within 48 hours.