Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Business Administration diploma in Ontario is a program that is designed to prepare students for the demands of today’s fast-paced business environments. Its objective is to expose students to a vast array of business knowledge, management and administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in addressing situations that arise within a business- related career. Business Administration courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business correspondence, office procedures, project management, and employment success strategies. This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing, accounting and business law.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to current social and economic conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and accounting.
Please note that the focus of this program is to train individuals for entry-level support and/or management trainee positions. It will also provide the skills to progress into management-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, and personal attributes.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.
Upon completion of the Business Administration program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Operating System
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Office Skills
Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Business Skills
Business Essentials, Marketing and Sales, Business Economics, Business Math, Business Financial Management, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Customer Service, Human Resources Management, Business Law & Ethics, Business in the Digital Age, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Administration Integrative Project, and Project Management Fundamentals Level 1
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing and Employment Success Strategies