Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. All applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview and entrance essay will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Co-op Work Experience
In addition to the coursework, students are required to successfully complete 960 hours of co-op work experience to obtain a diploma. Co-op
placements may be located throughout Ontario.
This program provides the student with a range of business knowledge and skills, which cross several disciplines, resulting in a well-rounded and highly skilled employee.
Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of entry-level administrative and management trainee positions in a broad range of employment settings. Careers in accounting and finance, marketing, production, operations, human resources, and general administration are available to graduates who demonstrate the required combination of business skills, aptitude, motivation, and personal ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
Individuals working in a Business Administration career perform a wide range of administrative and support duties relating to the day-to-day operation of a business. Specific job duties vary with education and experience. The duties may include:
- Administering, directing, and coordinating day-to-day business operations
- Implementing efficient work processes, schedules, and procedures
- Conducting research
- Preparing progress reports and other reports and analyses
- Assigning and reviewing the work of clerks and administrative assistants
- Integrating and managing database information for dissemination to staff and clients
- Composing and providing information by telephone, postal mail, and e-mail
- Training staff in job duties and company policies
- Operating / troubleshooting new office technologies
- Supervising and evaluating departmental administrative staff
- Providing information as required by law relating to ongoing business transactions
Personal Attributes Required
To be successful in a Business Administration career, individuals must possess the ability to:
- Learn new skills and knowledge
- Formulate decisions and exercise good judgment
- Build working relationships to achieve goals
- Efficiently manage time and stress
- Work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Recognize dynamics and politics of an organization
- Provide direction and remain objective
- Be self-motivated, energetic, confident, and creative
- Effectively communicate and use interpersonal skills
- Use good listening skills and be tactful
- Communicate verbally and in writing with people from all walks of life
- Employ creative problem-solving skills
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available At...
The Business Administration Diploma is designed to prepare students for the demands of today’s fast-paced business environment. Its objective is to expose students to a vast array of business knowledge, management and administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in addressing situations within a business-related career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of e-commerce, business correspondence, office procedures, project management, and employment success strategies. The program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing, accounting, and business law.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to current social and economic conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting principles. Please note that the focus of this program is to train individuals for entry-level support and/or management trainee positions. It will also provide the skills to progress into management-level careers, given the proper combination of skills development, experience, and personal qualities.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Office Skills
Personal Computer Fundamentals, Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Operating Systems
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Business Skills
Business Essentials, Marketing and Sales, Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Business Math, Business Financial Management, Human Resource Management, and Business Law & Ethics
- Employability Skills
Employment Success Strategies and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
- Business Presentations
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Data Management
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Business Skills
Project Management Fundamentals Level 1, Business Economics, Business in the Digital Age, and Business Administration Integrative Project
- Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing and Strategies for Success
C$28,529 – C$51,357 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include student manuals and all other course material. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students. Graduation requirements: Students must achieve a 75% average to obtain a diploma.
Contact us for more information
And we'll get back to you within 48 hours.