Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Graduates will have the skills for employment as retail associates, sales representatives, and design assistants to professional designers, architects, and contractors. Graduates may also choose to be self-employed on a contract basis to hospitals, airlines, hotels, and restaurant chains, and other business establishments.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Interior designers conceptualize and produce aesthetic, functional and safe designs for interior spaces in residential, commercial, cultural, institutional and industrial buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, interior design firms, retail establishments, construction companies, hospitals, airlines, hotel and restaurant chains, and other establishments or they may be self-employed.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Business Skills Business Correspondence Level 1, Business Planning, and Grammar Essentials for Business Writing
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphic/Presentations Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Office Skills Office Procedures Level 1 and Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2
- Community Support Services Human Relations
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing, professional practices, and Thought Patterns For a Successful Career
- Drafting and Design I nterior Decorator Levels I and II, Computer Applications for Design, and 3D Design