Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply Medical Receptionist knowledge and skills to meet the demands of today’s businesses.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers which correspond to the skills learned include:
- Dental Receptionist
- Physician’s Receptionist
- Optometrist’s Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing
- Office Skills Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Office Procedures Level 1, and Basic Bookkeeping Level 1
- Help Desk & Call Centre Skills Telephone Communication Skills
- Business Skills Customer Service, Business Correspondence Level 1, Business Math, and Grammar Essentials for Business Writing
- Healthcare Introduction to Medical Terminology, Medical Office Procedures, Medical Receptionist Practical Simulation, and EHR, Billing and Coding