Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide students with opportunities to acquire and apply knowledge of customer service & information skills to meet the demands of today’s businesses.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers which correspond to the skills learned include:
- Library Clerk
- Courtesy Receptionist
- Complaint, Inquiries, or Information Clerk
- Order and Payment Clerk
- Customer Service Representative
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills Office Procedures Level 1, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Internet Fundamentals, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Help Desk & Call Centre Skills Telephone Communication Skills
- Business Skills Customer Service, Business Math, Business Verbal Communication, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, and Business Correspondence Level 1
- Simulations & Drills Customer Service Practical Simulation
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing