Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Business Office Administration Certificate provides students with opportunities to acquire and apply basic business office skills to meet the demands of employers. The program provides students with comprehensive knowledge of the office and business skills of today’s workplace, including proficiency in Microsoft applications and accounting concepts.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of entry-level administrative and management trainee positions in a broad range of employment settings. Placements in the business environment as administrators, officers, project coordinators, records analysts, and assistants are possible upon successful completion of this program. Upward mobility in this role is feasible with experience, motivation, dedication, and a positive attitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet Basic levels of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphics/Presentation Microsoft PowerPoint Level 1
- Office Skills Microsoft Outlook Level 1, Office Procedures Level 1, and Basic Bookkeeping Level 1
- Business Skills Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Level 1, Customer Service, and Business Verbal Communication
- Accounting QuickBooks Premier
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Employment Success Strategies