Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this Program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply the knowledge of business accounting and office skills to meet the demands of today’s business.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers which correspond to the skills learned include:
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Audit and Billing Clerk
- Budget and Costing Clerk
- Deposit, Finance, or Invoice Clerk
- Tax Services Clerk
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing
- Simulations & Drills Business & Office Accounting Clerk Practical Simulation
- Office Skills Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Basic Bookkeeping Level 1 and Level 2, Internet Fundamentals, and Office Procedures Level 1
- Business Skills Business Math, Business Correspondence Level 1, Customer Service, and Grammar Essentials for Business Writing
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting and QuickBooks Premier