Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Business Administration diploma program is designed to prepare students for the demands of today’s fast-paced business environments. Its objective is to expose students to a vast array of business knowledge, management and administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in addressing situations that arise within a business-related career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business correspondence, office procedures, project management, and employment success strategies. This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing, accounting and business law.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to current social and economic conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and accounting.
Please note that the focus of this program is to train individuals for entry-level support and/or management trainee positions. It will also provide the skills to progress into management-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, and personal attributes.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
This program provides the student with a range of business knowledge and skills which cross several disciplines, resulting in a well-rounded and highly skilled employee. Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of entry-level administrative and management trainee positions in a broad range of employment settings, specializing in those areas of interest, experience, and greatest ability. Careers in accounting and finance, marketing, production, operations, human resources, and general administration are available to those students who possess the proper combination of business skills, experience, personal ability, and aptitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Operating System Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Graphic/Presentation Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Business Skills Business Essentials, Marketing and Sales, Business Economics, Business Math, Business Financial Management, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Customer Service, Human Resources Management, Business Law & Ethics, Business in the Digital Age, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Administration Integrative Project, and Project Management Fundamentals Level 1
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing and Employment Success Strategies