Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with the opportunity to acquire knowledge of business concepts, as well as gain the necessary computerized accounting and office skills. This program provides graduates with the necessary skills to maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide personal bookkeeping services.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers in business accounting are continuously in high demand. Excellent opportunities exist for skilled persons in a variety of accounting related positions, including the role of accounting bookkeeper, across the public and private sectors.
- Handles confidential budget information.
- Processes financial reports and memoranda.
- Deals with statistical and accounting data.
- Maintains files and records.
- Performs a wide range of office support functions
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting and QuickBooks Premier
- Business Skills Business Math, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Management Fundamentals, Business Essentials, Business Financial Management, and Customer Service
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Level 1 and Level 2, Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, and Office Procedures Level 1
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing