Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Administrative Assistant diploma program introduces students to office administration and its many facets in the business world. This program provides graduates with the necessary skills to compile, verify, record, and process forms and documents, such as applications, agreements, and letters, in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and schedules. Students will have the opportunity to learn today's most popular office software applications.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Skilled Administrative Assistants are in great demand by both large corporations and small, independent businesses. All employers in all industry sectors require staff that possesses strong office and software-related skills to perform its administrative functions. Administrative Assistants may move into supervisory office positions as their careers progress.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute.
- Operating System Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Graphics/Presentation Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Office Skills Office Procedures Level 1 and Level 2, Microsoft Outlook Level 1, Internet Fundamentals, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Business Skills Business Math, Business Correspondence Level, and Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship or Management Fundamentals
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search & Résumé Writing, Strategies for Success, and Occupational health and Safety
- Optional 4 Week Work Term
Students must complete two (2) courses and not exceed four (4) credits and 80 hours from the following:
- Business Skills