Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Human Resource Administrators hold a strategic place in every progressive organization. The Human Resources Administration Certificate provides students a foundation in this high-demand business field. The program provides students with comprehensive knowledge of current office and business skills including proficiency in Human Resource Management, Business Law & Ethics, Microsoft applications and accounting.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of entry-level roles in the Human Resources department, such as: human resources assistant, personnel assistant, staffing assistant, training clerk, employment clerk, and labour relations clerk. Upward mobility in these roles is feasible with experience, motivation, dedication, and a positive attitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Business Skills Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Level 1, Human Resources Management, Business Law & Ethics, Business Verbal Communication, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship
- Office Skills Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Office Procedures Level 1
- Accounting Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing