Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Accounting Clerk program provides students with the skills necessary to apply the knowledge of elementary accounting processes, business concepts and office procedures to meet present day business demands. The objective of this program is to prepare students for an entry position into accounting in a short duration of time.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Successful candidates can pursue careers throughout the private and public sectors; typical positions are those of accounting clerk, audit clerk, billing clerk, budget clerk, costing clerk, deposit clerk, finance clerk, freight-rate clerk, invoice clerk, ledger clerk. Upward mobility in these vocations is possible with experience, motivation, dedication, and a positive attitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system.
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Office Skills Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Business Skills Customer Service and Business Math
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing