Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Full time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to deal with the problems they may encounter when supporting Personal Computers in an office environment. It provides in-depth knowledge of both computer hardware and software and prepares students to take the A+ certification exam. Students will have practical hands-on experience in trouble shooting computer problems and assembling a computer. Successful students may choose to progress to advanced qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Engineer (MCSE) which is in high demand.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Skilled PC Support Specialists are in high demand in today’s highly skilled environment. Virtually all organizations with multiple computers require the skills of PC Support Specialists which can become invaluable members of a management team.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Graphics/Presentations Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Office Skills Internet Fundamentals, Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Business Skills Customer Service, Management Fundamentals
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ 220-901 and CompTIA A+ 220-902
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Server+
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
Students should complete three (3) credits from any of these groups:
- Office Skills
- Computer Networking
- Business Skills