Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply the knowledge of bookkeeping, office skills, and accounting to meet the demands of today’s business.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Computerized accounting is a growing area. Excellent opportunities exist for skilled people. Graduates can become employed in the accounting department of a large company as an assistant or be in charge of the accounts in a smaller enterprise.
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Internet Fundamentals, and Microsoft Outlook Level 1
- Accounting Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2013, ACCPAC 500 ERP 5.5 – General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable, and QuickBooks Premier 2012
- Business Skills Business Math, Customer Service Essentials, and Management Fundamentals
- Word processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Word processing Practical
- Spreadsheets Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Spreadsheet Practical Applications
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, and Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Thought Patterns for a Successful Career