Conference and Event Planner - British Columbia
Meetings, events and conventions are one of the fastest growing segments of the economy and embrace multiple aspects of all industries. The Conference and Event Planner Diploma is designed to prepare students for careers in the fast-paced and exciting world of conference and event management.
This program appeals to individuals who are charismatic, outgoing, energetic, and entrepreneurial, as the Conference and Event Planner plays a dynamic role within any organization. Its objective is to expose students to a broad range of knowledge and processes, administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a conference and event planning related career.
The program provides the skills to progress into higher-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, personal attributes, and additional training.
This program provides students with:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the development and/or implementation of conferences and events for a variety of business sectors.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of planning and coordinating event logistics.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: negotiating, decision making, teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of event planning and marketing practices and principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Prospective students must be Grade 12 graduates, or equivalent, or have Mature Student status (19 years of age or over with at least one year out of high school) and subject to the discretion of the college Director. Grade 12 or equivalent graduates who cannot supply appropriate proof and Mature Students will be required to complete an entrance examination to properly assess their personal strengths and weaknesses. The minimum passing grade for this examination is 75%.
- Introduction to Keyboarding
- Keyboard Skill Building Level 1
- Introduction to Personal Computers
- Introduction to the Internet
- Windows Level 1
*Not all programs are offered at each location.