The Home Inspection Diploma is designed to introduce students to a vast array of practical and technical skills and tools, preparing them for a career in the Home Inspection industry. This program provides training that links with the professional standards of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
This diploma program provides students with:
- Knowledge of roof inspections, focusing on system performance, safety concerns, and conformity with good construction practice
- The ability to handle disputes with effective resolutions
- Comprehension of the structural components of a residential dwelling
- The ability to inspect installed heating equipment as well as identify the energy source, type, material,condition, and any safety concerns related to this equipment
- Knowledge to identify typical defects on cooling systems and apply correct inspection techniques
- Awareness of the interior water supply and distribution systems
- The ability to inspect all aspects of a dwelling’s exterior
- The knowledge to build an independent business
Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent) or Mature Student status. Mature students must successfully complete an admissions test. Candidates are required to attend a personal interview with an Admissions Representative.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."