Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
This program provides students with the necessary skill and knowledge to plan, install, and provide routine control over and manage exceptional situations in relation to quality communications network services in an information system. It provides in-depth knowledge on evaluating communications hardware, software and transmission service alternatives against changing business requirements; maintaining links with network suppliers; monitoring network performance; providing support for systems; localizing and rectifying faults in networks and handling non-routine user/customer problems; and providing expertise and practical assistance in delivering service that complies with statutory and other standards, as well as strategic and tactical plans.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Recent studies indicate that strong growth in IT jobs, especially for skilled Computer and Network Operators, are expected over the next few years. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Hardware Installation Coordinator
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Network Operator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Administrator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Technician
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Office Skills Internet Fundamentals and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Business Skills Business Correspondence Level 1 and Project Management Fundamentals Level 1
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ 220-901 and CompTIA A + 220-902
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network + and CompTIA Security+
- Computer Networking CompTIA Server +
- Microsoft Certification Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Installing and Configuring, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Administering, and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Configuring Advanced Services
- Business Skills Customer Service
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications 3 Units
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing