Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
This program prepares students to join the work force at an entry level with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft’s most popular software programs. Each student graduates with a sense of achievement, ensuring the beginning of a successful career.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Microsoft products dominate the marketplace. As more employers grow dependent on word processing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled individuals who possess a good general understanding of Microsoft programs grows. These employees are an integral part of today’s business office.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications 3 Units
- Database Management Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Graphics/Presentation Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Internet Fundamentals, and advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career