Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
The Entrepreneurial Business Applications Diploma program prepares students with the skills needed to operate a small business whether it is home-based, a franchise, or a consultancy. Graduates of this program obtain the necessary skills to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate their operations in order to provide goods or services to consumers, and ensure the quality of these goods/services and the satisfaction of their clients.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Today, many people are starting their own businesses—others are moving up to senior positions. For these individuals, the need for up-to-date business skills is crucial as they will find it necessary to be well acquainted with all aspects of business and the software required for efficiency.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphics/Presentation Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Data Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting, Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications 3 Units
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, and Internet Fundamentals
- Business Skills Project Management Fundamentals Level 1, Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Business Planning, and Business Math
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Thought Patterns for a Successful Career