Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
This program is designed to prepare students for the CompTIA A+, Network+ and Server+ certifications. The CompTIA A+ certification is highly recognized for excellence in hardware repair and maintenance, and operating system installation and support. The CompTIA Network+ certification assures the ability to install and maintain a network. In addition, the CompTIA Server+ certification is for technicians who are responsible for planning, installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting complex server systems.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program will find opportunities working as bench technicians for small to medium sized PC or electronics companies as well as large PC related manufacturing operations. They may also find positions in computer sales and service. After some experience, they may wish to open their own computer repair service.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for Technical Users, and Internet Fundamentals
- Business Skills Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Customer Service, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ 220-901 and CompTIA A+ 220-902
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Server+