Grade 12 or equivalent Successful completion (at least 75%] of an entry test to determine general readiness for learning An interview with an admissions officer to determine the apparent appropriateness of training related to the potential student’s needs and aptitudes.
This program provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to plan, install, provide routine control over, and manage exceptional situations in relation to quality communications network services in an information system. It provides in-depth knowledge of evaluating communications hardware, software, and transmission service alternatives against changing business requirements; maintaining links with network suppliers; monitoring network performance; providing support for systems; localizing and rectifying faults in networks and handling non-routine user/customer problems; and providing expertise and practical assistance in delivering service that complies with statutory and other standards, as well as strategic and tactical plans.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Recent studies indicate that strong growth in IT jobs, especially for skilled Computer and Network Operators, are expected over the next few years. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Hardware Installation Coordinator
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Network Operator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Administrator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Technician
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Certification Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Configuring Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Configuring Network Infrastructure, and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Server Administration
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-801 and CompTIA A + Certification: 220-802
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network + and CompTIA Security +
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search & On-the-Job Training