Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply the knowledge of business concepts and office skills to meet the demands of today’s business.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers in computerized accounting are continuously in high demand. Excellent opportunities exist for skilled persons in a variety of accounting related positions, including the role of accounting bookkeeper, across the public and private sectors.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting and QuickBooks Premier
- Business Skills Business Math Skills and Applications, Business Financial Management, Business Economics, and Business English/Grammar
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Level 1 and Level 2, Microsoft Outlook Level 1, and Office Simulations
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills