Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to deal with the problems they may encounter when servicing Personal Computers. It provides in-depth knowledge of computer hardware. Students will have practical hands-on experience in troubleshooting computer problems and assembling a computer. This program prepares students to write the current exams for A+ certification.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program will find opportunities working as bench technicians for small- to medium-sized PC or electronics companies as well as large PC-related manufacturing operations. They may also find positions in computer sales and service. After gaining some experience, they may wish to open their own computer repair service.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills Microsoft Outlook Level 1
- Business Skills Customer Service Essentials, Management Fundamentals, and Business English/Grammar
- Employability Skills Job Search & On the Job Training
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-801 and CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-802
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network+