Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Payroll and Accounting program prepares students to work in the finance and payroll departments of business establishments. The Canadian Payroll Association’s (CPA) courses included in this program apply towards the CPA’s academics requirements for Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Successful candidates can pursue careers in the financial sector, especially payroll, benefits, insurance, claims, and mortgage. Upward mobility in these vocations is possible with experience, motivation, dedication, and a positive attitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Business Skills Business Math
- Accounting Payroll Compliance Legislation, Payroll Fundamentals Levels 1 and 2, and Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2