Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to join the workforce at a skilled level. Skilled Office Clerks are better prepared to advance to their chosen career areas in today’s business environment. Each student graduates with a sense of achievement, ensuring the beginning of a successful career.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Skilled Office Clerks are an integral part of today’s business office. Opportunities for advancement are better than ever in this area, especially for those students who show initiative and are prepared to increase their knowledge of computer applications.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute.
- Operating System Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Graphics/Presentation Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Publisher
- Office Skills Office Procedures Level 1, Microsoft Outlook Level 1, Internet Fundamentals, Punctuation and Writing Skills, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Business Skills Business Correspondence Level 1, Business Math, Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship or Management Fundamentals
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search & Résumé Writing, Strategies for Success, and Occupational Health and Safety
- Optional 4 week work term