Grade 12 or equivalent. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Full time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
This program provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to plan, install, provide routine control over, and manage exceptional situations in relation to quality communications network services in an information system. It provides in-depth knowledge about evaluating communications hardware, software, and transmission service alternatives against changing business requirements; maintaining links with network suppliers; monitoring network performance; providing support for systems; localizing and rectifying faults in networks and handling non-routine user/customer problems; and providing expertise and practical assistance in delivering service that complies with statutory and other standards, as well as with strategic and tactical plans.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Recent studies indicate that strong growth in IT jobs, especially for skilled Computer and Network Operators, are expected over the next few years. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Hardware Installation Coordinator
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Network Operator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Administrator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Technician
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 10 words per minute.
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Business Skills Customer Service Essentials
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-801 and CompTIA A + Certification: 220-802
- Microsoft Certification Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Installing and Configuring, Microsoft Windows 7 Configuring, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Configuring Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Configuring Network Infrastructure, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Configuring Applications Infrastructure, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administration, and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Server Administration
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Server +, and CompTIA Security +
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing and Option to complete 4 week work term