Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Microcomputer Business Applications diploma program offers students the opportunity to acquire skills in the most popular computer software applications used in today’s business environments. Graduates have the skills and knowledge needed to function effectively in an office environment and support coworkers’ software application needs.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program have a wide and varied choice of positions available to them within a business or office environment. Prospective employers include businesses of various types and sizes.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute.
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Database Management Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Spreadsheets Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphics/Presentation Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Publisher or advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Office Skills Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Internet Fundamentals, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing and Occupational Health and Safety
- Simulations and Drills Office Simulation and practical exercises and drills
- Optional 4 week work term
Students must complete five (5) credit electives, according to courses selected from the following diploma groups:
- Business Skills