Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Business Administration diploma program is designed to prepare students for the demands of today’s fast-paced business environments. Its objective is to expose students to a vast array of business knowledge, management and administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in responding to situations within a business-related career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business correspondence, office procedures, project management, and employment success strategies. This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in the basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing, accounting, and business law
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration
- Professional skills in high demand by employers, including team-work, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving
- A solid understanding of business practices and principles and an ability to relate and apply this knowledge to current social and economic conditions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
This program provides the student with a range of business knowledge and skills which cross several disciplines, resulting in a well-rounded and highly skilled employee.
Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of entry-level administrative and management trainee positions in a broad range of employment settings, specializing in those areas of interest, experience, and greatest ability. Careers in accounting and finance, marketing, production, operations, human resources, and general administration are available to those students who possess the proper combination of business skills, experience, personal ability, and aptitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute.
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system and proficiency in MS-DOS
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Graphics/Presentation Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Office Skills Microsoft Outlook Level 1, Office Procedures Level 1 and Level 2, Internet Fundamentals, Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 & 2, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Business Skills Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Project Management Fundamentals Level 1, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Management Fundamentals, Business Math, Business Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Business Essentials, Business Economics, Marketing and Sales, Business Law and Ethics, Business in the Digital Age, Business Administration Integrative Project, and Customer Service Essentials
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing, Employment Success Strategies, and Occupational Health and Safety
- Optional 4 week work term