Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply Medical Receptionist skills and knowledge to meet the demands of today’s business.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers which correspond to the skills learned include:
- Dental Receptionist
- Physician’s Receptionist
- Optometrist’s Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Intermediate level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing and Life Skills and Job Search Diary
- Office Skills Microsoft Outlook Level 1, Basic Bookkeeping Terms and Concepts, Basic Bookkeeping Level 1, Dicta Typing, Internet Fundamentals, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Help Desk & Call Centre Skills Telephone Communication Skills
- Business Skills Customer Service, Punctuation and Writing Skills, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship
- Healthcare Introduction to Medical Terminology, Medical Office Procedures, and Medical Receptionist Practical Simulation
Students must complete five (5) courses and not exceed nine (9) credits and 180 hours from the following:
- Office Skills
- Database Management