Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to address the problems they may encounter when servicing personal computers. It provides in-depth knowledge of computer hardware. Students will have practical, hands-on experience troubleshooting computer problems and assembling a computer. This program prepares students to take the CompTIA A+, Network+, and Server+ certification exams.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program will find opportunities working as bench technicians for small- to medium-sized PC or electronics companies as well as large PC-related manufacturing operations. They may also find positions in computer sales and service.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute.
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system and proficiency in MS-DOS
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills Internet Fundamentals and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
- Business Skills Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship
- Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing
- PC Troubleshooting CompTIA A+ Certification: 220-801 and 220-802
- Computer Networking CompTIA Network+ and Server+
Students must complete two (2) courses and not exceed four (4) credits and 80 hours from the following:
- Office/Business Skills
- Database Management