Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. Full time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
This program prepares students to deal with the problems they may encounter when supporting Personal Computers in an office environment. It provides in-depth knowledge of both computer hardware and software and prepares students to take the A+ certification exam. Students will have practical hands-on experience in trouble shooting computer problems and assembling a computer. Successful students may choose to progress to advanced qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Engineer (MCSE) which is in high demand.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Skilled PC Support Specialists are in high demand in today’s highly skilled environment. Virtually all organizations with multiple computers require the skills of PC Support Specialists which can become invaluable members of a management team.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Introduction to Keyboarding and minimum 25 words per minute.
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in two operating systems and an advanced proficiency in Windows.
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in one word processing application.
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in one spreadsheet application.
- Database Management Intermediate level of proficiency in one database application.
- Graphics/Presentations Basic level of proficiency in two graphics/presentation applications.
- Office Skills Basic/Intermediate level of proficiency in the specified courses.
- Business Skills Complete customer service and workplace success/intrapreneurship or management fundamentals.
- PC Troubleshooting Complete the specified courses.
- Computer Networking Complete the specified courses.
- Job Search & Résumé Preparation
- Office Simulations Three sets of drills as needed. (A+ drills recommended).
Students should complete two credits from any of these groups:
- Word processing
- Computerized accounting
- Operating systems
- Miscellaneous group 11