Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. Full time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply the knowledge of business concepts and office skills to meet the demands of today’s business environment. Students are required to take some elective courses from prescribed study areas.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
As more employers acquire word processing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled Administrative Assistants grows. Administrative Assistants may move into supervisory office positions as their careers progress.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute.
- Operating Systems Intermediate level of proficiency in one Windows operating system.
- Word Processing Complete three word processing credits.
- Spreadsheet Management Intermediate level of proficiency in one spreadsheet application.
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in one database application.
- Graphics/Presentations Basic level of proficiency in one graphics/ presentation application.
- Office Skills Basic level of proficiency in conventional office procedures.
- Business Skills Complete customer service and workplace success/intrapreneurship or management fundamentals.
- Office Simulations Complete two sets of practical exercises and drills.
- Job Search & Résumé Preparation
- Office Skills
- Office Skills
- Word Processing
- Database Management
- Computerized Accounting
- Operating Systems