Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
The Business Management Certificate is designed to prepare students for management and supervisory level positions in today’s fast-paced business environment. Its objective is to help students who are seeking to reenter the business sector, or who are currently working and wish to upgrade their business and supervisory skills in order to further their career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business supervisory skills, business correspondence, project management, customer service, and marketing. This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing and sales, and customer service.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to their current work environment.
Students are required to take some elective courses from prescribed study areas.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
This program provides the student with a range of business knowledge and skills, resulting in a knowledgeable and skilled team leader. Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of supervisory and management trainee positions in a broad range of employment settings, specializing in those areas of interest, experience, and greatest ability. Careers in accounting and finance, marketing, production and operations, human resources, and general administration are available to those graduates who possess the proper combination of business skills, experience, personal ability, and aptitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- BUSINESS SKILLS Completion of Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Customer Service, Project Management Fundamentals, Management Fundamentals, Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Project
- EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS Employment Success Strategies, Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
- BUSINESS SKILLS Business Essentials Business Supervisory Skills Marketing & Sales Human Resource Management Business in the Electronic Age
Students must complete a maximum of 3 credits from the following:
- OFFICE SKILLS
- WORD PROCESSING
- BUSINESS SKILLS
- WEB DESIGN