Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.
Candidates must be able to keyboard at a minimum speed of 25 wpm.
- Introduction to Keyboarding
- Keyboard Skill Building Level 1
The Business Administration Diploma is designed to prepare students for the demands of today’s fast-paced business environment. Its objective is to expose students to a vast array of business knowledge, management and administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a business-related career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business correspondence, office procedures, project management, and employment success strategies. This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment including current computer applications, marketing, accounting and business law.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to current social and economic conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and accounting.
Please note that the focus of this program is to train individuals for entry-level support and/or management trainee positions. It will also provide the skills to progress into management-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, and personal attributes. Students are required to take some elective courses from prescribed study areas.