Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. Full time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program introduces students to word processing and its many applications in the business world. Skilled Administrative Assistants are in great demand by both large corporations and small independent businesses. Students will have the opportunity to learn today's most popular word processing software applications.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
As more employers acquire word processing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled Administrative Assistants grows. Administrative Assistants may move into supervisory office positions as their careers progress.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute.
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in one Windows operating system.
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in one word processing application.
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in one spreadsheet application.
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in one database application.
- Graphics/Presentations Basic level of proficiency in one graphics/presentation application.
- Office Skills Complete Introduction to Personal Computers, Introduction to the Internet, Office Procedures Level 1, and MS Outlook Levels 1 and 2.
- Business Skills Complete Punctuation and Writing Skills, Business Correspondence Level 1, Customer Service, and Management Fundamentals.
- Office Simulations Complete two sets of practical exercises and drills.